It has been 11 months since I have blogged here. I should have warned you this would happen. The way I look at it, a blog is a lot like a diary or a journal and I have something that I must confess to you right here and now:
I am a horrible journal keeper.
There I said it. Recoil in horror if you must, but I have lost count of the number of notebooks I have started journals in and then never written in again. OR notebooks that I purchased to use as journals that still sit empty. OR blogs that I started, posted on for two or three months and then never looked at for another year. Okay so that last one is really only one, but you know what I mean...
I am really pretty good at finishing other things that I start... eventually. (I am a chronic procrastinator, but that is another blog post for another time. (See even now I am procrastinating!)) So I guess the point of this whole post is to say that I want to be better. I am going to try to be better. A lot of stuff has happened in 11 months. Highlights include:
1) I mastered knitting! Mostly. I mean I TOTALLY created a yarn stash. Any knitter worth their needles will tell you this is one of the essential components of knitting.
2) I discovered the wonders of Michael Fassbender. (If you just said who, we need to speak privately.)
3) I quit smoking! Two weeks ago, but still, I quit.
4) My baby started Kindergarten. I can say no more.
5) George Clooney started dating Stacy Keibler after I told him I could never leave Nebraska for Lake Como.
See! Stuff! Important stuff! Let's pick this up tomorrow, shall we? Possibly the next day. A week from now at the VERY latest. Okay, let's just stick with tomorrow. Right.