Monday, March 12, 2012

The Road to Blogging is Paved With Good Intentions

So...

Hi!

It has been 11 months since I have blogged here.  I should have warned you this would happen.  The way I look at it, a blog is a lot like a diary or a journal and I have something that I must confess to you right here and now:

I am a horrible journal keeper.

There I said it.  Recoil in horror if you must, but I have lost count of the number of notebooks I have started journals in and then never written in again.  OR notebooks that I purchased to use as journals that still sit empty. OR blogs that I started, posted on for two or three months and then never looked at for another year. Okay so that last one is really only one, but you know what I mean...

I am really pretty good at finishing other things that I start... eventually.  (I am a chronic procrastinator, but that is another blog post for another time. (See even now I am procrastinating!))  So I guess the point of this whole post is to say that I want to be better.  I am going to try to be better.  A lot of stuff has happened in 11 months.  Highlights include:

1) I mastered knitting!  Mostly.  I mean I TOTALLY created a yarn stash. Any knitter worth their needles will tell you this is one of the essential components of knitting.

2) I discovered the wonders of Michael Fassbender.  (If you just said who, we need to speak privately.)

3) I quit smoking! Two weeks ago, but still, I quit.

4) My baby started Kindergarten.  I can say no more.

5)  George Clooney started dating Stacy Keibler after I told him I could never leave Nebraska for Lake Como.

See!  Stuff!  Important stuff!  Let's pick this up tomorrow, shall we?  Possibly the next day.  A week from now at the VERY latest.  Okay, let's just stick with tomorrow.  Right.

Love!

Not Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment