Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year....

Forget Christmas.... it's award show season! I love award shows. I have no real explanation as to why, but I do. The dresses, the movies, the "oh I'm so happy for you (daggers in my eyes)" reactions when people don't win.... Tonight is the kickoff party to the season-- the Golden Globes. I am watching E's Red Carpet pre-show as I type and the catty comments are already flowing from my mouth. (FYI: The one shoulder dress and the big bow on one shoulder (sometimes in conjunction) has yet to go away. ) The Globes are known to be more low-key than the Oscars or other shows mostly because everyone is sitting at tables and drinking profusely. I totally buy this theory because the more they drink, the more loosely they talk, and the more fun it gets. It. Is. Fabulous. Ricky Gervais ( or as my son calls him "the Night at the Museum guy) is hosting again and spent most of last year with a glass of scotch in his hand, so I expect this year will be just as entertaining.

*NEWS FLASH*

HELENA BONHAM CARTER HAS COME IN CHARACTER AS BELLATRIX LESTRANGE HAIR AND ALL. Ok, so I don't think she did, but holy buckets she looks like a trainwreck including non-matching shoes. Rock. On.

See! Entertainment at it's highest!

So instead of giving you my winner predictions (which are almost always wrong), I am going to tell you who I want to win instead.

MOVIES:

Best Picture Drama: Don't really care but I am leaning towards The Social Network.

Lead Actress- Drama : It's a tie between Natalie Portman and Michelle Williams. I think Natalie Portman has a better chance, but I gotta give Michelle my Dawson's alum love.

Lead Actor- Drama: Colin Firth. I love me some Colin Firth.

Best Picture Comedy: Alice in Wonderland

Lead Actress- Comedy: I like Anne Hathaway, but I don't think she will win.

Lead Actor- Comedy: Johnny Depp for Alice. Although he is nominated in the same category for the Tourist as well.

Best Animated Film: Toy Story 3 will win and rightfully so, but I loved How to Train Your Dragon.

Supporting Actress: This is a tough one, but I really want Helena Bonham Carter to win now just so I can see her ensemble again.

Supporting Actor: Geoffrey Rush

TELEVISION:

Series- Drama: Since LOST isn't nominated, I don't care, but let's give it to the Walking Dead zombie show just for fun.

Lead Actress- Drama: Julianna Margulies.

Lead Actor- Drama: Michael C. Hall, but I do enjoy looking at Jon Hamm.

Series- Comedy: Modern Family. That show never fails to make me laugh. Did you see the flash mob episode? Glee can be the runner up, but (sorry to my friend Amy) it is starting to get on my nerves a little because it just tries too hard.

Lead Actress- Comedy: Lea Michelle because everyone else ALWAYS wins. (Does that make it a little better Amy?)

*NEWS FLASH*

NICOLE KIDMAN'S EYEBROW MOVED! I SWEAR! I SAW IT!

Lead Actor- Comedy: Jim Parsons. Runner up: Matthew Morrison's hair. (Totally stole that from Sue Sylvester.)

Mini-Series: Don't really care.

Mini-Series Actress: Claire Danes will win, but I really loved Romola Garai in the new version of Emma.

Mini-Series Actor: Dennis Quaid. He played Bill Clinton in The Special Relationship. If you haven't seen that movie, you should.

Supporting Actress TV: Jane Lynch, but would be equally happy with Sofia Vergara.

Supporting Actor TV: This one is TOO hard. Scott Caan, Chris "Mr. Big" Noth, Eric Stonestreet, Chris Colfer, and David Strathairn?!?! Not picking.

*NEWS FLASH*

Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas are on! Do not believe the Enquirer. He looks great! AND just said he's cancer-free. Yay for him.

OK. I could probably do this all night, but I will stop now. So here's to the beginning of award show season. May you all be blessed with bowls of popcorn, Snuggies, a bottle of wine, and your remote in hand.

1 comment:

  1. Glee is AMAZING!!! I love it b/c singing tv shows are awesome. However, I'm getting annoyed at some of their song choices lately b/c they suck. Bleagh.

    ReplyDelete